columbia?

my daughter and her SO are going to columbia for xmas.my dh and i are nervous...we have been giving her tips but she is also nervous.i get the feeling his family doesnt like americans to much so i think they may not have her back...i told her not to take anything expensive and just dress casual.his family lives in bocatah.which he(SO) knows is a bad section...is there anything i can tell her to stay as safe as possible?

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Dont leave his side. Keep herself covered up. Thats the only thing I know to do.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Ditto to armywife.
    I was going to also say for her to wear a hat out in public so her ethnicity is less noticable.
    Do they HAVE to go?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• ya i have heard that. (wear a hat...)she is a hair dresser so her hair is streaked blonde.....one red flag...and she is very fair skinned...2 red flags...she dresses very flashy but i told her to tone it down...she doesnt have to go but they have been dating for 2 yrs ...they have no kids she is 24 and he is 27 so the are mature...i hate to be like this but i guess it is what it is...why should she keep herself covered up?i never heard that???interesting...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009