To all those who believe Christians are zombie worshippers.

Will you be celebrating Christmas this year? Will you worship a zombie's birthday? Will you be the typical hypcrite you accuse Christians of being?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A little zombie apocalypse is good fun for the whole family, but regardless, I'll be celebrating Yule. That's the holiday we had before there was a Jesus. Thanks for asking. We'll save you some egg nog and fruitcake - nobody else likes it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• December 25th is my husband's birthday, so we do celebrate on that day each and every year.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• rolling on floor

twistdfairytale

Answer by twistdfairytale at 2:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Well, I never thought of it that way, but that is funny stuff. And yes, we will, and we will chuckle about all of the pagan rituals that the christians claimed as their own.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 2:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Some people call it Yule, some call it Kwanza, some call it Winter Solstice, some call it Christmas, some celebrate Saturnalia, and to others it is Hanuka. Oh I think there might be some I am missing.

The true reason for the season is the axis tilt that causes the Northern Hemisphere to be further from the sun. This causes colder weather, shorter days you know that thing we call winter.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Or closer to the sun, and Summer if you happen to live South of the equator.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yeah, my Christian hubby loves zombie movies and games....

....but if you mean the whole Christ coming back to life from the dead thing - the way that is described definitely does not fill the bill for any Zombie Lore

....and my silly "Zombie survival guide" reading man could lay out all the details of exactly how they don't match I'm sure.
    Anonymous

• WTH are you talking about? I'm not christian; nor do I buy into any of the stories that can't be backed up with actual historical facts; however even I wouldn't go so far as to compare Jesus or their view of a resurection to zombies...what an idiot
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go so far as to compare Jesus or their view of a resurection to zombies...what an idiot

I agree with this poster. I've been a Christian for 30 years and I've never heard this one...
    Besides the fact that there are both secular and religious ways to celebrate Christmas. Why can't you just leave people alone to enjoy this season as they wish?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I'll be celebrating Yule, the original holiday before it was called Christmas. Happy holidays to everyone.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009