newborn hair

my daughter was born with hair on the bottom and like bald on top, everyone says that her hair will fall out but it hasnt and she is 2 1/2 months old, there is some hair on top but doesnt appear to be growing has this happened to anyone else? how long does it take to have a full head of hair?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD is 8 months old and she was born with a full head of thick dark hair. When she was about a month old, it all fell out. It started growing back around 5 months and now she has a curly "bird's nest" on top and straight hair everywhere else..lol
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 3:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Haha, when I was a baby I came out with hair, but then I went bald COMPLETELY lol...when I was around 6 months..
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 2:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• lol my now 8 year old started getting curls in the back and had them a long time before her hair grew on top. For the longest time everyone thought I had cut her hair to give her "bangs" because it was so short in the front and on top. She didn't get a "full" head of hair until she was almost 2.

Answer by missanc at 3:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My son had a weird patch on the back of his head. We used to call him "Patchy". I did fall out, I can't remember when, 4 months maybe? It grew back blond. My kids were all bald until 1.5.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I was as bald as a billiard 'till I was about 2 (ok, I had fuzz).
    cascadesunshine

Answer by cascadesunshine at 5:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009