how much weight did you gain after having kids? How long did it take you to lose it? Whats the highest weight you ever been? Does your weight alter your self esteem.

ive been struggling with my weight since I had my DD who will be 3 in march. the highest weight I ever been was 222.0...because I was always smaller growing up, its starting to mess with my self esteem a little, so im making every effort to lose weight. Im down about 8 lbs so far, but have atleast 40 to go..uhhhggghh

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The highest weight I've ever been was 180, when I recently gained 50 lbs while pregnant with my son. I lost 40 of it within 3 weeks, and was down to 140. I'm not 9 weeks post-partum and I've lost another another 4 lbs, making me 136. I have 6 lbs to go until my pre-pregnancy weight, and it doesn't seem to be budging!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Gained 28 lbs after pregnancy... 120 lbs is the most I have ever weighed and that's how much I weigh right now. I want to lose atleast 10 lbs but 15 would be nice. It has been affecting my self esteem lately :(
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I gained 60bs during my pregnancy, it put me up to 204lbs the day before giving birth. I lost it all by 6 months postpartum, and really "got my body back" by one year postpartum. It TOTALLY affected my self esteem, I'd never been over weight before, I'd always been thin and athletic. I didn't even recognise myself in the mirror! I'm SOOO glad to be back to "normal"!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I usually weighed about 121 , even after having my kids but it took several months to get down to that weight after I had my third baby. I had to really count calories and give up desserts and junk food. I was really active with the three kids. We lived in Germany on an Air Base and our base apartment was on the 4th floor--no elevator. That alone was a great way to lose weight!!! I gained about 25 pounds with each pregnancy but lost it.
    NOW, I am about 20 pounds over my best weight and have "love handles" and a tummy. It makes me feel bad. Not good for my self-esteem. So, YES, I know what you mnean. Just try to eat half portions....really. No desserts and no soda. Too much sugar will prevent weight loss. ANd get up and get moving!!! Wear off those calories. Good luck!!!!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• how much weight did you gain after having kids? I didnt gain weight after both my daughters where born. i lost weight.
    How long did it take you to lose it? A few months
    Whats the highest weight you ever been?While not pregnant? 130lbs. while pregnant 150lbs.
    Does your weight alter your self esteem? I am pregnant irght now and i think i am 130lbs or so. maybe less. im 5 months pregnant (22 weeks 4 days) and im a tiny person. 5'0 and small hips. Its not my weight i care about but its more my ugly looking stretch marks. once i am done have kids i am going to get them removed with Laser.
    Anonymous

• I didn't really keep track of how much weight I gained with each pregnancy but all in all since I started having kids I've gained 45lbs.
    I started at 195lb before having kids and I was at 240lbs before this pregnancy. My highest was 260 after having my last child (started at 245 so only gained 15lbs total).
    Obviously I never lost all the weight. I actually just lost 10lbs over the last couple of months, now I'm pregnant again.
    Since I have always been overweight it doesn't effect my self esteem.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• After my kids, I had about 20 pounds to get back to my normal size. I lost about 15 because I wanted to be a little heavier than before. It took about 6 months to get to a good size. My weight does not effect my self-esteem at all. My heaviest non-pregnant self was about 140. I'm comfy at 125 now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I gained 75 lbs with my pregnancy - I was 160 and went up to 235 - but that was due to a bout of Gestational Diabetes. I've always had a little trouble with my weight - at my heaviest pre-pregnancy I was 175 and then lost fifty pounds due to an unhealthy amount of dieting and exercise (see: eating disorder). Seven years later, I had balanced at 160 and was more or less happy with it, but after gaining all that pregnancy weight, it took two years to drop 40 lbs of it. I am now at 195, and still working on it. And yes, it affects my self-esteem. As a person who previously struggled with an eating disorder, being heavy is really hard on me. It messes with my head, and makes me feel "unworthy" of a lot of things. Its all a mind trip, I know, but it does affect me.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:36 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I lost all my baby weight at about 4mos. post partum. I am the same weight as before I was pregnant, but I've always been thin.
    Anonymous