Never Knew You Were Pregnant?

I was watching Discovery Health Channel..and they have a show that's called "I never knew I was pregnant" I think to myself..."How in the world can a woman not know?!" so I was just curious if there was anyone that has had this happen to them?

MamasAngelPie

Asked by MamasAngelPie at 2:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope, not even close. I knew when I was only 3 weeks along, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• lol...yeah, that's what I was thinking they have woman on there that don't even "show"!!....I don't know if the shows fake or what but it has a few seasons..
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 2:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• How big does one have to be to not notice their growing uterus underneath!!!!! Scary!
    Anonymous

• It is hard to believe. First of all, if you have a baby kicking and pushing their feet against your ribs, wouldn't you think that would be a definite clue??? LOL. And, your boobs get huge and sore. ANd you have no period.
    I don't know....it might be fake.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Aside from my growing belly, I didn't have any of the usual signs of pregnancy, no nausea or anything like that. I can understand how a larger person, with no symptoms and irregular periods could not know they were pregnant, I guess.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 3:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Not everyone has the same symptoms, there are alot of women who have an awkward shaped or placed uterus that prevent them from feeling the baby move. And Never experience sickness, or were always sick anyway!!! It is possible.....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• They have said that some of these women had PCOS and got very few periods per year so it wasn't unusual for them to go without. And you can bleed during pregnancy anyway, it's just not a period. So they thought nothing of it, thinking they were infertile because a doc told them so. These women also wrote off pains as thinking it was PMS/period pain and the baby kicks were just gas bubbles. LOL And some have even had kids before and they didn't know? IDK. They never showed at all, never gained weight... odd~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yes, It is very odd!...hmmm...I don't know..some of the woman were on the skinny side also..I don't know..just one of Gods many miracles I guess...
    MamasAngelPie

Answer by MamasAngelPie at 3:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My mom didn't find out she was pregnant with me until she was four months along... she was supposed to be infertile, she always had irregular cycles, and she actually had more bleeding in pregnancy than she did when she wasn't pregnant so there was no missing period for her. That being said, she did start wondering around four months when her pants started being hard to button up. She did feel sick in her first trimester but honestly never suspected pregnancy because about a year before she went through a battery of tests, a bunch of heavy duty fertility meds, and was told that she would never conceive.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I worked with a woman who didn't find out until the 8th month. She was older and thought it was menopause because her period had been spotty for a year - weight gain, body temp changes, heartburn, all the other things that go with aging and hormonal imbalance... I've seen pictures taken at her baby shower. She still wasn't showing in a traditional sense. She had a little bit of a poochy stomach, but no more than she had when she wasn't pregnant. She'd also never been pregnant and had no idea what it would feel like. She had her first and only child when she was 47.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009