Not pregnant... Again. I just want to cry.

I never thought that I would have difficulty conceiving. Never. My first pregnancy was an accident (that sadly ended in a miscarriage). my second pregnancy was an accident, but resulted in my beautiful, wonderful baby boy. But now that DH and I want to give our son a sibling, we are, apparently, s*** outta luck. I was diagnosed with PCOS, which makes my hormones go wacky, and apparently one of its least-desirable side effects is difficulty when TTC. I thought I was getting my symptoms under control, but we've been TTC for over 6 mos now, w/ no luck. I was just SURE I was this month - late period, tiny bit of spotting, breast soreness, and that "feeling" of something happening. But, the test says no. Damnit! I just want to cry. Anybody else going through this???

Iskkra

Asked by Iskkra at 2:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I am. Well I don't have the PCOS, but we have been trying for a few months now and nothing. My first two pregnancies, we didn't even have to try, they just happened. And now when we actually plan on one, its not happening.

Good luck to you, and hopefully next month you will have a better result!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know how much it sucks. It took us 18 months to ttc our first and I was just about to undergoing testing to determine if I had PCOS when I had a bfp. My 2nd was an ooops of the first order. So, we were shocked when I wasn't getting pregnant again when ttc#3. I underwent the testing and yep, PCOS. I ended up taking metformin, actos and then eventually having shots in my stomach to get pregnant. I was lucky. I had awesome insurance. Anyway, I would talk to your ob/gyn about metformin and/or actos as for some reason they help. I would also ask for a referral to fertility specialist. You may need no more treatment than an ultrasound and some reassuring words, but it is always good to have them. I would also recommend a support group; I know the one I was in really helped. pm me if you have any questions or would just like a shoulder.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:13 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i am...and it sucks badly...except i have been trying for a year now..with no luck..i dnt have any children at all...i have tried clomid for one mth and it hasnt worked either...Just hang in there
    vtyler6203

Answer by vtyler6203 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I understand kind of what your going through. My husband and I have been trying for 5months now. We weren't even trying for our first one and now it seems to be taking forever. Hang in there darling. GL.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 12:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Talk to your doctor about it. My first was also an accident, but the best one I ever made, I now have a 21 month old son. We are also having difficulty, though I dont have PCOS, but I'm now on my 2nd month of clomid.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:05 PM on Dec. 1, 2009