Do you think smoking should be banned in ALL public places inside AND out? (also in just for fun section)

I think it should be banned in ALL public places inside AND outside. I don't think it's right that I (or any other non-smoker, especially children!) have to breath someones nasty smoke when I'm sitting outside a cafe, chilling in the park, or walking down the sidewalk!

I'll be trying to enjoy a nice day sitting outside a Starbucks or something with my mom and DD and be forced to go inside because some idiot sits down by us and lights up! Sorry but that is NOT fair to us.

I remember when the finally banned it from bars around here, all the smokers bitched and bitched about "smokers rights" what a JOKE, what about MY right to breath clean air? MY right to be able to go out and not come home reaking like smoke, with a sore throat and itching eyes?

Blueliner

Asked by Blueliner at 2:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Health

• i completely agree! even sitting at traffic lights i smell people around me smoking! you cannot avoid it. i think if what you are doing can harm others around you it should be illegal.

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yes. I couldn't get in to my doctor's office bc there were smokers standing at the door. I'm allergic to smoke. I had to wait until they left and I was late for my appt. I called the doctor's office and let her know why. Why should I suffer for what someone else wants to do? Smoke in your car and damage your own health but leave me alone.
    Anonymous

• Yes! I agree completely. Kill yourself (general you) with your cigarettes, let the rest us us enjoy our lives!
    Anonymous

• I think smoking is disgusting and I also think that whomever want to poison his body with nasty fumes as the right to do it as long as it doesn't affect me or inconvenience me.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I dont . I think banning it in certain places especially in places where they are privatley owned telling the buisness owner he has to comply is unamerican. I do think that the government should make any selling of cigarettes illegal.
    Anonymous

• not outside, since there is plenty of space and air flow, but inside YES!! I do however think there should be stricter laws against smoking right by an entrance. At many stores in my town, the employees on break smoke so close to the doors especially when it rains.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• The only place it should be restricted is inside of public establishments. Outside; please...you're the JOKE!
    Anonymous

• Hum... I'm the joke, yet so far most are agreeing with me...

I should be able to enjoy an nice sunny day at the park, dog park, cafe, shopping, walking down the street, etc without having to breath other peoples nasty smoke! Sorry but just because it's outside doesn't mean it all immediately disperses and I'm not smelling and breathing it! I can't tell you how many times I've been outside enjoying a coffee or meal at a table and had to go inside because a smoker was sitting near me. That is NOT right or fair.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Also, smoking leaves a nasty trace of nicotine in the clothes, hair and hands of smokers. One time I told a restaurant manager that I wasn't going to eat my meal because my waitress stink so badly that I could vomit. She had been smoking on her brake but Oh boy, it was plain disgusting. What smokers want to do to their bodies is their business just don't come in contact with me or my food. Keep the nastiness to yourselves.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Whatever - you just want something to complain about. The exhaust fumes coming off the traffic right next to your "nice sunny day" outside at a cafe are not only more consistently in the air you're breathing but much more toxic. Most establishments have left the outside seating area for the smokers since they can no longer smoke inside; if it bothers you THAT much; eat inside...duh
    Anonymous