Best time to test?

I've heard different stories...test on the day you're supposed to have your period or 5 days before or a week after your periods due. When is the best time to test? If you test on the day your period is due, and it's negative, can you still be pregnant? When should you test again if it is negative? Sorry if it's a repeat question! TTC our first and still confused on some things!

lovinthislife08

Asked by lovinthislife08 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I didn't want to deal with uncertain results, so I waited a week and a half after AF was due to test. By then, I pretty much knew it was going to be positive based on how I felt. My feeling is, if you're pregnant, you're pregnant, and you'll still be pregnant a week later. What's the big rush to test and possibly deal with the false negative letdown?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• If you test on the day that you were supposed to get your period and its negative i really dont think your pregnant because your hormones double every two days so it would show up by then. If You want to make sure try testing 5 days after your missed period
    Anonymous