Did you have a baby shower for your second baby?

If so did you register for alot of things or just a few things?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 3:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I didn't. I didn't want or need one and I was able to save everything from my first baby. We didn't even intend on having another baby but figured the second we got rid of everything we would have a surprise. Right before he turned two I got baby fever so bad and was really glad I'd kept everything.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I plan on giving one for my DIL for her 4th child. It is a party, a time to get together and open some presents and have a fun meal. I'll ask her what she needs, there must be something, even if only diapers. If there is nothing except diapers that she needs, I'll tell people when they ask.

Answer by Bmat at 3:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I plan on having a baby shower again..my first child i had two and both were JUST family! they couldnt combine and get along so my mom threw me 1 and my aunt did the other...both were kinda awkward...this one i wanna have a nice lunch at a restaraunt, and i will register at target again for things like diapers and wipes mostly....i have enough toys and things like that!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yes i did and im going to have one with my 3rd baby too. Its how we do it!
    Anonymous

• Yeah I don't plan on registerin for anything big like toys or clothes...maybe some clothes. I actualy got rid of my baby clothes just a couple weeks before I found out I was pregnant. LOL So I might put clothes on there but I'll put mostly necessities like bottles and a diaper bag and what not.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• We had one baby and did not have or want a shower. I was not comfortable with the whole "begging for gifts" party.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• well this is my 2nd pregnancy, i'm 10 weeks, and i just told my boss and coworkers last week and they are already talking about a baby shower! i am fine with it if my family wants to do one too but i don't plan to ask. we have given most of our son's stuff away because we weren't really planning to have one for a while originally... my sister has a 5 month old boy and i gave her boxes and boxes of stuff!! hopefully she still has it but i wouldn't be surprised if she has passed it on to another mom already. it seems like everyone in my family nowadays wants to throw a party for every baby and that is fine by me. ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• 5 babies, I was given one shower - a thing done by ladies in our church. I was not about to throw myself a shower, or ask anyone else to do it, but I really wish, even though my kids are older now, that one of my SILs would have had the decency to welcome a new neice or nephew that way, like they did for everyone else under the sun. Bitter much? Yes, I am - out of all the females on my husband's side of the extended family, I was the only one never thrown a shower for anything, other than the wedding shower by the aunts - every single girl marring into the family was thrown a cousins wedding shower, and at least 1 baby shower - I got nothing, but I don't hold it against them, I just didn't reciprocate, and I hide my bitterness deep, and pretend it never happend - oh wait, it didnt, haha. I think throwing your own shower is tacky, btw, not saying that's what the OP is doing, but it's tacky to throw your own shower or ask for it
    Anonymous

• I am pregnant with # 2 now and created a registry as we are having a boy now. I only requested new towels, sheets, blankets and such. My children will be 4.5 yrs apart so I really don't need any big ticket items. My husbands work is throwing us a shower..I don't expect one from my family but I did let them know of my wish list in case they wanted to give the baby something.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 6:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• This question keeps getting asked and there are alot of different opinions on the matter... IMO- a baby is a reason to celebrate!!!
    I am having a girl- my first was a boy and I threw a baby shower/dinner at my favorite restaurant last month. On my registries, I had mostly the basics listed: blankets, sheets, burp cloths, towels and washcloths, nursing pads, diapers, wipes, etc... I only had 9 people come and it was very relaxed and enjoyable. If you want to throw a celebration party for your baby, by all means do it:)
    annaica

Answer by annaica at 9:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2009