What are your thoughts on the legalization of marijuana?

Marijuana is one of the most used substances around the world. It has been said to be healthier than drinking and is on a rise in the U.S. with more and more people using it everyday. Knowing that the legalization and taxation of marijuana has the possibility to bring the united states out of our trillion dollar debt, what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I wholeheartedly believe that the classifications and legalities of marijuana and alcohol should switch places.

There is much much clear evidence to support that fact that alcohol has killed many many more people, and endangered many more lives that marijuana ever has or will.

Whether it is ever legal or not though - I will not be smoking it. It supports laziness.

Anonymous

• before any of you bash me, I AM PRO LEGALIZATION for MARIJUANA, not that I am a stoner mom but back before I started my family it helped witha lot of common day to day issues, ie; period cramps, headaches, stiff/sore muscles....I also think that the people who do use weed medicinily shouldnt have to hide the fact they do it. they should be allowed to smoke it freely wherever they want!
    Anonymous

• LOL. I think smoking pot can make a person feel drunk and could cause trouble while driving. It has been known to decrease sperm production in men. Maybe a good birth control method? MAkes them get little boobs too. The smoke does damage lungs just as ordinary tobacco does. It makes people so laid back they don't havea whole lot of ambition.SO... If I havea headache or cramps, I take two Ibuprofen. If I am depressed, I get more sleep and lots more exercise. I can't justify using POT. Nope, no way. Or other drugs or alcohol,with the exception of a glass of Merlot with dinner. "Medical use" I can agree with. Otherwise, it is just low-class and pointless.
    Anonymous

• Them classifying it to be as dangerous as PCP & meth is just a joke. I would love to see them legalize it and take the tax money from the sales to help the economy; however I'd be pretty happy if they'd just go so far as to de-criminalize it; I mean do you know how many non-violent offenders who's only "crime" was to get themselves high are sitting in jail eating up your tax dollars?? It's absurd.

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Anon #1 -- it does not support laziness; what a rediculous statement; lol
    Anonymous

• Anon #3 -- It does NOT make anyone feel drunk...that's an entirely different 'buzz' - you got me on sperm production, there is that effect on some men - Makes who get boobs? Men? That's not from pot; that's from becoming a stoner who does nothing but sit on the couch eating ho-ho's!

For some of us; "traditional" pharmaceutical chemicals do not help with our anxiety; or depression. And most of the pharmaceutical chemicals for insomnia make you feel like a half-dead zombie when you attempt to wake up in the morning. For some marijuana is the best 'medical' solution for there issue. The gov't decided a wild growing weed was one of the most dangerous toxins and outlawed it; not because it's actually that dangerous but because of racism and greed; do some research. Belladonna/Angel Trumpets are much more toxic; but how many of you have that growing it in your yard right now??? Think about it...

Anonymous

• It cost us billions every year in tax dollars not to legalize it.

A little reading of history will teach you that prohibition doesn't work, and that it only empowers organized crime.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 4:07 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Ditto this:
    "Belladonna/Angel Trumpets are much more toxic; but how many of you have that growing it in your yard right now??? Think about it..."

And what momandvet said...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I have spent time on Politics and Current Events today.

My feeling is that we don't need to add potheads to the mix.

There is already enough mindless gibberish being spewed.

The government doesn't need to give people permission to be silly.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 4:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I am a medical mj pt and advocate for legalization. MJ and it's cousin Hemp are amazing plants and I truly believe it could help our environment and economy if both were legal, taxed and regulated. MJ can be used to treat a variety of ailments and has less side effects than pretty much every other medicine, prescription or over the counter. Hemp has a number of uses and is easier to produce than most of the items it can be used in place of.

It's not the govts place to tell consenting adults what they can do to or with their own bodies.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009