Does anyone have any good tips on how to sell items well on ebay?

I just started selling stuff on ebay and was wondering if anyone has any good advice?How can people start bids at $0.99 for things that should be placed higher.I made wooden snowmen and I'm afraid to list it at 99 cents when I really want $20-30 for it and they are nice snowmen.Well if anyone has any tips please do share!

shannon2206

Asked by shannon2206 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Money & Work

• The women in the CafeMom Ebay Sellers group are fabulous!!!

Answer by rkoloms at 4:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• make sure you price your shipping right..so you wont lose money,.. i always lose money in shipping because people think shipping is so cheap when it isnt..or ill overprice the item and only charge a little bit for shipping.. .. describe the item well to because if someone isnt happy it can come back to bite you..which sucks... good commmunication is a must too... best selling to all..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 8:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Never list for 99 cents unless you are willing to sell it at that price. Always start the bidding at the minimum you expect for the item. Some sellers do 99 cent listings for several reasons....they bought so many of those products that they got such a great deal they CAN afford to do that and make a profit, though tiny per piece it can add up.....OR they do 99 cent listings on some items trying to draw attention to their eBay store where they hope buyers will shop and purchase more items at regular price.

For handcrafted items you may want to look into Etsy.com as well. And with crafts you can look in local papers and online for craft shows at churches or school (the next few weekends there will be TONS of them) and ask if there are any tables available. Churches and Schools charge anywhere from $10-$100 per table, just make it festive, not too busy looking, and use boxes you covers with tablecovers for height to
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• draw more attention to items...
    Mom2Jack04

• People price things at .99 cents because they know it will get bidders and sell for much higher. For example, I just sold a coach purse and I started the bid at .99 cents because i knew it was a popular item and it would get multiple bidders. I ended up selling it for 50 dollars when all was said in done. Bottom line, only list things at .99 cents thaty are hot, popular items.

Listing something with free shipping is always good and will attract buyers. Make sure you take good pics, I will never bid on an item on ebay if they have crappy pics.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 2, 2009