Is it ok to exercise, lift weights, do abs, etc.?

Hi,

I am TTC and I was wondering if it's OK to continue my workout routine as I am trying and possible already am pregnant. I bench, lift weights, do a 15 ab Lab, etc. Has anyone ever had a similar routine and got pregnant? Did you continue the same routine into the pregnancy?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I didn't get pregnant until I started working out, lifting weights with cardio. Go for it. Once you do confirm a pregnancy, you want to make sure you're not over-exerting yourself. Listen to your body. If you start to get overheated or in pain, stop. The strength training will definitely help later on in your pregnancy.

I'm working my way back to going to the gym again. It fell to the side when I got too fatigued and morning sickness kicked in. Now that it's subsiding, the doc is encouraging me to exercise.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009