If I see one more posting of....

Teen pregnancy or TTC that does it for me.
TTC I can sometimes understand but teen pregnancy makes my head spin. How about you?

bebita

Asked by bebita at 3:53 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• It may be a "bad" thing but you got to understand that these made the choice to become a parent. Not all teen parents are horrible n misfitting, some of them are actually better than the women I see as mothers. Just beacause they chose to have their baby doesnt mean they are bad people or should be bashed, they are mothers just like us.
    Anonymous

• Then just skip those posts. I don't let this stuff bother me. I was in another section and I would get so mad that I was almost getting into fights with people. It's not worth it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 4:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Your question makes little sense are you mad about both ot about teens that are ttc?
    Anonymous

• I don't find it appropriate to bash these young mothers for what they did wrong. It is going to be enough for them to be teens, but babita you did bash a young teen earlier and I think that it was totally wrong of you. We need to be role models and encouragers of these teens. Not encouraging the young sex, but letting them know what parenting is about and leading them in the right directions not scary them from being able to talk on this site. They have just as much right to ask questions as us adults do.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 4:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I am not a teen, far from it. Teen pregnancy makes me mad because it is so unnecessary. If you are a teen and want to be promiscuous it is your business just don't be stupid enough to bring another child to this world so that the rest of us responsible tax payers adults will pick up the bill for you.

In my opinion, TTC sometimes gets absurd people asking could I pregnant? How the hell should we know. Or they even give more details of their dates of periods and when they were intimate, I mean buy a test pregnancy and figure it out instead of disclosing too much information.

Having said that, I can select what posting I check but those two aggravate me.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I completely understand you bebita, there is a lot of graphic details in some of these posts, but as I've said for a 16 year old to be asking advice and wanting to get a job to support her own child and the mother won't let her that shouldn't be bashed, even for a 16 year old who has a diploma already is great. She did her work and sounds grown. Like I said you shouldn't bash these girls for their underage sex. My mother was 16 when she had my brother and she is a great mother and has always financially supported us. I know plenty of adults who are on assistants. I bet there is more teens working for their families than there are lazy adults not wanting to.
    Anonymous

• You are right suzyb1980, I did bash her because it is so darn unnecessary. Actually, it was her posting that made my head spin. I have no sympathy for stupidity. I feel sorry for the unborn child but for the mother, heck I could have slap her. How dare she bring a child to this world under those conditions? Not even knowing if she was an adult? Give me a brake, she needs a rude awakening that you can't play adult and act like a dumb child. There are consequences for your actions and she will pay dearly for her stupidity. She even said: "My baby's daddy" Oh I could loose my mind with the sense of entitlement some young have over what they feel is owed to them. She got mad because mommy made rules. If she followed these rules she wouldn't be in a pickle would she?
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I just turned 16 when i had my daughter and my "baby daddy" was never there and he is a grown ass man. i am the one that did everything to make sure she had everything she needed, i knew what i did and i did what i had to do. i grew up and took care of my baby girl. i have not been out and done my own thing since i became pregnant and i am 19 now. yeahh i miss going out and chilling with my friends but that life is over now. it dont matter the age. some people grow up and some people dont. i know many moms in their 30's who still dont got thier shit together. so no its not about age. its the fight in the woman and what she knows she has to do and wether or not she is willing to do it. my daughter is my #1 priority...and i am a teen mom.
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 4:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I had my first at 19. Young, but not too young. I know a lot more about life and parenting now at 43 than I ever did at 19. Teens have the ability to love a baby, but a hard time supporting it. Not all but most. What makes me sad is that they not only bring a child into the world with less than ideal circumstances but they rob themselves of a youth, and most importantly an education. What makes me nuts are posts that are from very young moms that I can hardly understand. The spelling I let slide, but the grammar?!?!? Lord, how do we expect these kids to have a prayer when their own parents don't have a grasp of the English language? Ignorance breeding more ignorance. I just don't get why a person would want to appear to be an idiot for the free world to see. Take some pride in your education, Cyarasmom is a classic example!

Anonymous