So a woman pulls up to wic with the infant car seat in the passenger side so she could feed her newborn a bottle while driving.

She pulls up next to us while we are leaving and I couldn't help but notice this. There was nothing in the back seat obstructing her from having the car seat where it should go. She gets out and grabs her brand new baby and resumes feeding her as she walks in.

I left a note under her windshield saying "What you are doing is illegal. Your infant could be seriously injured or die if a car wreck should occur. Please take into consideration your infant's life."

Was I wrong? Should I have contacted the police?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it is wonderful that you left a note! I work at WIC, and all of the time I see moms using carseats unsafely. It kills me. I just want to be like, "Here, let me fix this and show you how it is supposed to work." But I am afraid of overstepping my bounds, which I do all to often at work. I am one that is supposed to just keep silent, but that really does not work for me...
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 8:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I wouldve contacted the police, but I have no tolerance for things like that.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 4:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I can understand why you left the note and I agree with you 100%, but I dunno if I would've left a note. I definitely give you major kudos for speaking up though.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 4:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Call the cops if you really want to save that child's life. the mother is obviously to stupid to realize what she is doing.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Well, I think the only way people can change anything is by speaking up. So I think leaving the note was good; maybe she didn't know how dangerous that was and now she does. The cops in my area probably wouldn't have done anything-they are ridiculous. I live in a small town. However, maybe you should have called just so someone with authority could have told her. I wonder if the WIC people could inform the girl of the dangers? Too bad you didn't know a name, you could have asked the nurses in WIC to talk to her about it.
    Anonymous

• That poor little one. The note will let her know that she'd better mind her Ps and Qs. Hopefully she will now realize that she could be under scrutiny and had better grow a brain.
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 4:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I commend you, I would have called the cops though.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• cops can't really do anything unless they see it.
    Anonymous

• She didn't do anything illegal if the child was in a carseat. There isn't anything the cops could do about it.
    Anonymous

• In our state it IS illegal to have a child under 12 years old in the front seat with an airbag car seat or not unless that airbag can be turned off (as in a truck). if the car is old enough to not have a passenger side airbag then it is legal to have the car seat up there. I would have left the note too, but as others said the cops couldn't do anything without witnessing it themselves.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2009