pregnant with number two!!!

how come im not as excited and i have cold feet to tell ppl

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm pregnant with number 2 and i have been mostly feeling down about the whole thing. and this was a planned pregnancy! now i've been feeling like this is way too much for me to handle! i think it's part of being in the first trimester and feeling lousy all day and hormones so i'm hoping to feel better about things by the new year. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Well congrats to start....I was the same way. I mean I was terrified to tell people about my first one bc I was only 15 when I got pregnant but when I got pregnant again at 19 it was the same way. i was very happy and wanted to tell everyone but when I would be near someone that I wanted to tell I couldnt in fear of what they would say about it. But congrats and I hope that you have a great pregnancy. I just had our 3rd child and my husband and I were excited to tell people!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 4:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Well you told us.....Congrats!!!!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 4:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• First off let me say thank you for having the guts to post that because I felt horrible when I felt what you do around the first trimester with our second child. Whats really odd about my story is that we had tried for 11 months for baby number two befor realizing something wasnt right and when I went to my obgyn we found out I had PCOS which are little cycst on your overies that can cause infertility and irregularety so we seeked the help of fertility drugs because we so desperatly wanted another child and a sybling for our son. The first two round were a failure and I cried and cried so hard that I couldnt even breath at times, those two months were like I had lost a child it was horrible having to wait an entire month for the doctor just to call you and say sorry your not pregnant. So we took a month break and were going to give it one more try befor giving up for a while and my wish finally happend and were now 19 weeks...
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Cont.... pregnant!! So for me to go from being so excited the first few weeks after finding out to being the most depressed I have ever been was extremely frusterating. I felt like a horrible mom and didnt know why I was having certain feelings like I would ask my self if this was the right timing or how much time is this baby going to take away from my son almost as if this child in my stomach was a bothersome. It was really sad and my husband and I talked about it for the good month I was like this and he just stood by my side and told me that this isnt how I really feel and that Im just going through many changes and that things would get better. Which they did and ever since that one month I have been the happiest person alive and I cant wait till this little bundle of joy is here. There is absolutly nothing wrong with the way you are feeling, theres nothing you can do to stop it but I promise you everything will go back..
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Cont.... to normal soon. By the way congrats!!! :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 4:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I am feeling the same way I had a M/C earlier this year so I don't want to jinx myself by getting too excited just in case something happens again.( I am 10 weeks and 2 days i guess I will feel more relieved after the 15th of this month when I have my next U/S).Congrats On Your Pregnancy btw. =) And thanks for making me feel like I am not the only one who isn't jumping off the walls with excitement.
    Anonymous

• I am in the same boat! I am 33 weeks with my 2nd and sometimes now, I'm excited. But other times, I just kind of feel like she is going to mess everything up. Like, me DH and DD are happy and now we will have this new baby that will drain us and take time/attention away from DD. Plus, DD isnt even 2 yet, so I was worried people would have comments about us not waiting longer (which they did)....*sigh* but it IS getting better. I feel like a horrible mother for feeling this way about my own DD....but you cant help how you feel and I'm sure we'll be over the moon when our new little ones get here!!
    Anonymous