Allergy to cereal

My baby is 5 months old. Since 2 nights ago, I've been introduce her to baby cereal. She like it and seems fine until this morning, my mother in law who taking care of my baby called that she have rashes on her forehead that she think it is because of the cereal.
My question is : is it possible that baby develop allergy towards single grain cereal? and if she does, what should I do ?
Thanks

indahkd

Asked by indahkd at 4:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would stop the cereal (it may be an allergy, it may be eczema).

Many nutritionists recommend skipping cereal and starting with avocado.

there is great information on feeding your baby here: www.babyledweaning.com

Answer by rkoloms at 4:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• what kind of cereal? a few do have strange skin reactions. especially the first time.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 8:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Ummmnnnn actually when me and hubby pick her up from my in law, we think it is not a rash at all...it is just my mother in law who is paranoid or always panic over little things. However, last night I did not gave her any cereal. Plan to feed her that single grain rice cereal again when my baby not going to be at her grandma just in case the grandma get scare again. LOL
    indahkd

Answer by indahkd at 11:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2009