I had a Miscarriage

I recently found out im pregnant and on friday I was told at the er I lost it and i knew before they told me that i did.I was cramping and in so much pain i could barely walk.I've already passed the fetus and I have an appointment tomorrow to go see my ob/gyn what should i expect?Any help would be great,ive never been through this.

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 4:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• So sorry for your loss; I'm not sure what to expect at your appointment, though.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 4:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Im extremely sorry for your loss and I couldnt tell you what you are going to go through tomorrow. But maybe something like a check up to make sure that everything inside is ok....again Im so sorry!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 4:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I am sorry. And I am also another who can't tell you what to expect. Likely an internal examination, and possibly scheduling a D&C to make sure everything is out. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I went to my ob after a miscarriage, and he asked me if I wanted him to examine me or if I just wanted some answers. I really didn't want him poking around down there, so we just talked for a few minutes, and then he sent in a nurse and I talked to her for about 30 minutes.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I forgot, i had also already passed, fetus and lots of other material.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I WAS the nurse when I miscarried. I didn't go into the doc for about 4 weeks. I was fine, just cried my eyes out.
    Anonymous

• When I miscarried I also went into "labor" on my own and passed everything. At my followup they took blood to check my hormone levels to ensure that they were lowering rapidly enough to suggest that everything did come out. They also took it again a week or so late to make sure it was at or around 0 hcg by that time. He also answered any questions I had and gave instructions in terms of how long to wait before trying again, how soon to expect AF, etc... I'm so sorry for your loss! And remember, most women who miscarry go on to have a healthy pregnancy the test time around!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I am sorry for your loss. I was there myself last April. I passed the fetus as well so usually when that happens no d&c is required. Your appt your doctor will just make sure everything is normal and let you know when you can begin to try again.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 6:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2009