sons father, friends, let go?? what do i do?

I was with my sons father for 2 years.. this was following the birth of our son, 5 months later when we finally got together. He has been nothing but a pain. Emotionally abusive, cheating, going to jail, not providing for our son. We finally decided that we woiuld break up and be "friends", the jelousness has pretty much ended, but he is still needy and he provides very little still. He has a better relationship with our son, but my son still cries when I leave. He hasn't drank recently, but I can't gaurentee myself that it won't continue, as he violated his probation by taking my car and getting his butt kicked at a bar a few weeks back. We are still intimate with eachother.. everything is still pretty much the same except we do not say we are "dating". I dont know what to do from here. Sorry such a vague question. Oh, and his parents still call me "ding bat" and are very rude to me, they are also very well to do..cont.

MickeysMom19

Asked by MickeysMom19 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Are you better off with him or without him? SOunds like "without: is the answer. Above all...no more being intimate with him!

Answer by gdiamante at 6:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2009