Has anyone gone into labor by drinking raspberry leaf tea?

I read that raspberry leaf tea helps put women into labor... I know its an old wives tale but i'm just wondering if its worked for anyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i havent but if it works let me know
    aduncan6905

Answer by aduncan6905 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• If anyone did. It is because they where going into labor naturally anyway.

Answer by louise2 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It only works if you're pretty much already to go and you have to drink lots and lots and lots of it. It's safe to drink while you're pregnant it's good for the uterine muscles. Usually you're suppose to drink one glass a day during first trimester, two glasses during second trimester, and three glasses during third trimester. So if you want it to work you need to drink way more than three VERY strong glasses of it.
    Although my advice is to be patient. It will happen.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Raspberry leaf tea is used in pregnancy to, strengthen the uterus, gum health, and lots of other purposes. It is not used to induce labor.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My midwife told me to drink it when I was over due, but told me to drink as much of it as I could. It can cause contractions that is why you are usually only suppose to drink so much per day while pregnant and why often women are told to stay away from it during their first trimester.
    Anonymous

• It will not induce labor. The studies that have said it induces labor took one compound out of the entire plant, ignoring how it all works together. You would have to drink GALLONS of super concentrated infusions to see anything out of RRL.

Instead, women should be drinking it starting in the first trimester, one cup per trimester.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It helps to tone your uterus. Asaffell, I was alway told that you shouldn't drink it your first two trimesters, and to drink two to three cups a day in the third trimester.

As with anything that is said to induce labor though, it will only work if your body is ready to go into labor (this is excluding artificial things like pitocin and stuff)
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 5:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• it just starts to ripen the cervix to get it ready for delivery.

and make sure its RED raspberry leaf tea - there is a significant difference.
    Anonymous

• asaffell is right. It is great during pregnancy. I drank it the entire time with my DD. She was born at 42w 2d, but my labor was quick and easy and my recovery was amazing!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Eat pineapple to help speed the process chemicals in the pineapple can help soften the cervix and get your body ready for labor. It wont put you into labor but it will help get the cogs working.
    knfisch

Answer by knfisch at 12:40 PM on Dec. 1, 2009