How many moms now are so stressed that they have a couple drinks every night??

Just wondering because I usually have one glass of wine and relax in the evenings when my kids go to bed.It is nice.Especially if I have a rough day with the hubby and kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Food & Drink

• not me, i guess thats why i smoke..my beverage of choice at night is just root beer
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Multiple drinks EVERY night for the purpose of "stress relief" equals an alcohol problem in my book.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I'll have a few drinks a couple of nights a week, I work for a band and when they have shows at bars I'll run sound and have a few drinks while I'm there.
    Anonymous

• Soda is my booze.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Depending on what I am serving I will have a glass of wine with dinner.My husband doesn't love wine so he will have a beer sometimes as I finish preparing dinner.If we have to go somewhere after dinner we make a point of only one of us having alcohol and the other drives.We want to make a point to our children by example as well as words to never drive and drink.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 5:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• If I am really stressed out and it's a bad day, I'll have a couple at night. Right now I'm pregnant so of course I haven't drank in almost 8mths lol. But before now I would guess about two nights out of the month where a drink made me happy again lol
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 5:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• been there, done that... just be careful you could escalate into more and more, so the best thing for me is a daily exercise of some sort. It is a pain to think that you have to take time and do your exercise, but once you do you feel WAY better...sleep better too! Alcohol interupts your sleep ... If you want wine, take it with your dinner, but not for stress relief.. that will get you in trouble. And I talk from Experience.
    karenwarshaw

Answer by karenwarshaw at 5:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I used to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine while cooking, but as I get older I just can't stomach it. I'm only 30 but 2 glasses of wine leaves me run down the next day. Not cheap wine either. I think my body has just changed after having kids, takes a bit longer and my body works a bit harder to filter alcohol. So alas one is my limit. Isn't getting older fun:)
    Anonymous

• Every once in a while I'll have a beer or a glass of wine but not everyday...It could be a depression thing for sure. If you know for sure it's for relaxation thats fine, but if it's covering underlying problems take a better look! It won't kill you!
    Anonymous

• Get ready...there are bound to be moms o here calling you an alcoholic, without having hardly any info to make a judgment like that. Anyways...I have a glass of wine every few nights. I'm not a big drinker.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2009