Do you have pre-set limits for Christmas gifts?

First of all, I'm so tired of spending so much money on Christmas every year! I've made it clear to my family that we just don't have the money this year. I plan on spending about half as much on each gift as I did last year. I also don't want my baby to get in the mind set that you need a huge amount of gifts at Christmas. So my question is: Do you have a pre-set limit for your kids? Is the limit by amount or number of gifts? I plan to do 5-6 gifts from mom and dad, 4 gifts from santa, and a stocking with snacks and maybe some cheap bath toys. My DD will be 15 months at Christmas this year. Her gifts so far are : season pass to childrens water park for summer: $80, push mower: $13, Play food set: $20, 4 books with matching stuffed animals:$40, Pajamas:$10, Bath toy net set:$6, I still plan to buy stocking stuffers.....

mommawhite08

Asked by mommawhite08 at 4:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Holidays

• I buy 3 gifts for each child (one from Mommy, one from Daddy, and one from Santa), plus a few small things to fill their stockings. How much I spend on each child can vary quite a bit, but they are all happy.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you check out Amazon's Cyber Monday Ads:

Amazon's Cyber Monday Ads

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yes, our budget is VERY tight so they dont get big and expensive and huge amounts.

Even if we were filthy rich they wouldnt. We limit it to 2 gifts(one from us and one from Father Winter/Santa). We try and spend around $50 per child, sometimes it might be a titch more or less depending on our finances that year.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I have 4 kids this year (my 3 boys that live with us and my SD who we'll get for the first time this year). They are getting 8 presents a piece. 3 from us and the other 5 from Santa. We try to spend around the same amount of money on each kid. It can get hard to do but we did pretty good this year. I have all my kids done and I think I spend around $200 but I also shop all year round. When I find something on a good sale that I know they will like I will pick it up if I have the extra money. When you do this all through the year it's amazing how easy Christmas can be.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009