What are my other options for birth control?

I'd actually really love to get my tubes tied, but SO is kinda against it... if I do have another kid, it won't be for some years now... the pill and patch make me sick, wanted mirena but it hurt so bad when the doc tried to put it in so he said it wasn't a good idea. What else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Health

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I use the nuva ring, I like it. We have 4 and are all done but opted not to have surgery.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 6:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Natural Family Planning or Fertility Awareness Method are a couple of non hormonal options. I get sick on the pill as well and was using condoms effectivly until Hubby and I decided to have another baby. After this one is born though I think I'll give NFP or FAM a try (probably FAM as I can't imagine not having sex while ovulating!!) as I don't really like condoms. I also plan on trying to EBF so that my period stays away longer than it did with my last child.
    Anonymous