my kids are wanting me to leave my husband....

i been thinking about leaving my husband again anyways cause he is such an ass, always mean and grumpy. i havent mentioned that i wanted to leave him in front of the kids, well i havent mentioned it to anyone really. we been back together a year and it seems like im the only trying..he wakes grouchy and when i say "hunny" he doesnt let me finish my sentence b4 he says "what the fuck do you want?" i been holding off on what to do cause i dont want the kids go through that stress till im sure of what to do...but now my kids tell me daily when my husband isnt here to kick him out..he is the bio daddy and the kids really dislike him, was gonna say hate but thats a too strong of word...when he is home its like we all are walking on eggshells to not get him upset. the kids are 6 and 8 what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• If they are seeing how unhappy you are, and they are very unhappy, then they have reason to want you to leave. At this point, staying is putting them through more hard stuff then leaving. Even if it is difficult, getting on your feet as a single mom, it's better then where you are now.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My son asked me to leave his father. 1 1/2 months later we were gone !!! Best thing I could have ever done.!!! His father was mildly abusive (rarely left marks never broke any of my bones) was a grouch as well and we were also walking on egg shells. I didn't think it "was that bad" ....until my son asked me to leave his father. Then I knew It was that bad and then some. It hase been just over 10 years !! and things are so much better on every level
    Anonymous

• I remember being 8 when I told my mom to get a divorce. My father was unemotional, mean, and abusive. My mom always blamed it on him being stressed. It was tense in our home the minute we knew it was time for 'dad' to be home from work, you just never knew when he was going to explode and what might set him off.

She didn't leave him until we were all grown and out of the house and only because he cheated on her.

I still wish to this day she had left him. We wouldn't have had the money that we had, but I'm sure our household would have been happier.
    Divorce isn't easy on children no matter the age, but I think I would have handled it much better as a child, before I had children of my own, especially since I wanted it so badly. The divorce of my parents impacted my children; their grandchildren and I do "hate" both my parents. I can say without a doubt if they died today I wouldn't care.

blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Leave him, I begged my mom to leave her husband for the longest time and she never would. I'm now 25 and don't have a healthy relationship with either one of them, especially my mom we barely talk and when we do its not civil

Anonymous

• Leave him; if not for yourself, for your kids. Your kids are number one and it's not about you. If a 6 and 8 year old are telling you to leave their daddy then something is up and I wouldn't hesitate to pack up and go. It may be hard but you'll regret it later if you stay with him, i'm sure. I urge you to leave.
    Anonymous

• If your kids can see a problem with their own father then it's probably time to go. Kids are very perceptive. My husband can be cranky and short tempered (from working ALOT) but my kids still adore him. If your kids are asking you to leave their own father, I would have to trust their instincts.
    Anonymous

• If your kids are noticing a problem then maybe it is time..
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You know that your job as a mother is to protect your own children right? Well the situation is so bad that your children are taken upon themselves to reverse the roles and be the ones doing the selfless thing. They are putting your interest above their own. What does that tell you? If the kids say leave, you trust them that they have seeing enough and gone through enough.

Don't damage them any further. leave, do it for them.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 5:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Listen to your children. Take them out from under the stress of what life is for them now.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2009