4 year age gap?

I have 2 children (girl almost 5 and boy almost 3). I'm thinking of having another... but I'm wondering how the 4 year age gap is going to effect my son. He's a momma's boy and I'm pretty sure he will resent a new baby. Do I wait longer? Maybe I should stay at 2 babies, and get a puppy! KIDDING. **** ALSO.... If you have 3 kids, should you go ahead and have 4? That's what I've heard.

banjolady

Asked by banjolady at 5:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The World Health Organization recommends waiting 3 years or more to ttc. It's perfect timing.

I have a 3.5 year and then a 5 year gap. I didn't have problems with either gap. My children are now adults. The two oldest are closer, but they have the same father. Their father was always a part of their lives so they were always together. My second husband and I split before my youngest was born never to be seen again. He and I are closer.

I enjoyed having 3. I was old enough to be his grandma. Now I am a grandma of a toddler and as old as my grandmas were when they were great-grandmas. Something to take into consideration.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I have about a 4 year gap between my kids and it's been great. At 4 they are so much more likely to understand the demands a baby makes on your time, they are that little bit more self sufficient, and they love to help with the baby too. I have 3 boys with around 4 years between each and they really adjusted easily. We made them part of the pregnancy, they loved to feel the baby, we talked about names with them, and promised them that they would be the first ones to hold the baby (and followed through, as soon as they came to see us, they got to hold the baby before anyone other than me)
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• There's 3 1/2 years between #3 and #4 for us and we didn't have any jealousy issues and my middle daughter was majorly clingy (still is and she's 7). Right now it's the biggest gap between any of my kids (the others are 15 months and 13 months apart).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:46 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Thank You Ladies=) Each of you has made me feel more comfortable about the 4 year age gap.
    banjolady

Answer by banjolady at 5:14 PM on Dec. 1, 2009