How old to appreciate Disneyland?

How old do you think a child needs to be to enjoy Disneyland? My daughter is only 9 mos. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Older than 9 months. I though you were going to ask 4 or 5 or older. What can a 9 month old do at Disneyland except get exposed to diseases from all over the world?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Honestly - I don't understand why anyone takes babies or toddlers to places like that- it costs SO much just to go...and the kid will not remember it unless they are at least 4-ish. I agree-there really isn't anything there for babies
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I'd say about 6-8 years old (depending on the children)--so they can go on all of the rides, they can eat on the run, they are toilet trained, can get dressed themselves, and can enjoy themselves ALL day long--no need for naps, special meals, etc--just go until they pass out!! Our boys are just about to turn 6 and 8 and we're planning a trip there in March/April. :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:54 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I agree with the 6-8 thing.
    Anonymous

• Newborn to age 5 is too young.

My child is 6. We are taking him to Disney for the first time next year. He will be 7. We have waited so that he could enjoy all the rides without restriction.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I haven't been so I can't give a full opinion. I would assume that height and age of the child would be semi important when it concerns the rides and entertainment appreciation. For us we're waiting until our 15th anniversary which is in another five years before taking all the kids; by then our children should be 15, 14, 13, and 11, we may go earlier than that but I'd say no sooner than our youngest being at least 8-9 years old so that he can remember some of it and do some things that are offered. There are those that go all the time or have the desire to go a lot; for us we take so many trips all over that Disney is just one spot to go on a list of places we want to visit.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 9:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My husband worked for Disney when my son was born, so we were at the park monthly from age one month. No, he didn't "appreciate" it till he was about 18 months or so...by age two he adored the place. But keep in mind that we never had to pay for it! If we had, I wouldn't have started until about age two.

There's very little that small children can't go on...what little there is, my son won't go on even now that he's well tall enough. He doesn't like fast or noisy rides. If I want to do Space Mountain, I'm on my own!

Answer by gdiamante at 5:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• By the way...be aware that ride restrictions are not based on age but on height. Check the Disney website regarding restrictions.