How do you open the public restroom door when leaving the restroom?

If it swings out, I just push it with my foot. Now the doors that I have to pull to come out (I hate it when it does) I make sure I open it with a paper towel.

The only reason I was asking is bcoz I was at Target the other day, went to use the restroom and while I was washing my dd hands and mine, this lady came out of the stall and rushed out without washing her hands. And the door was the one that you pull to open to exit.

starbucks81

Asked by starbucks81 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i, too, use a clean paper towel to turn off the faucet and to open the door. Then I throw away my paper towel and I will sanitize my hands IF I have it handy (I don't always carry my purse when I go into a place).
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 6:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Uh, I don't wash my hands inside for precisely that reason. I carry an alcohol gel with me everywhere I go. I do not wash my hands, because I use the gel once I am on the outside of the door. Think about it... you wash your hands and then touch the most dirty thing in the world... the door, not to mention the sink and paper towel holder... UGH>>>...
    Anonymous

• I use a paper towel to open the door and then once Im out I also use an alcohol gel
    mycheyl

Answer by mycheyl at 5:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You may be better off not washing your hands. There are lots more of other peoples germs around the sinks then in other areas of the restrooms. Sometimes I will not wash and then use special hand sanitizer I have after I get out of the restroom.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I use a paper towel to turn on and off the faucet and I use a paper towel to open the door. I sanitize after I'm out of the restroom.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 5:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Oh Ok...ewwww...thanks for that info ladies...lol

I do wonder at times why can't the bathrooms be like the one in the airports...where it doesn't have a door, but a little bend to go around to use the toilets and sinks.
    starbucks81

Answer by starbucks81 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I always wash my hands .. ! I was a buffet place just friday and some woman was taking a shit and then went out without washing. I decided to leave with my husband. I couldn't stand the fact that she would be touching the same food handles I would. YUCK!! what a dirty person! wash your hands always.. others will think your dirty if you don't. use towel to turn on water and open door. :)
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I just open it. Like a normal person.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:11 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I always use a paper towel or the inside of my shirt.
    Anonymous

• if i have a jacket on, ill wash my hands first then use either the paper towel or my jacket sleeve.

if someone was sick from the H1N1 flu...they already touched the facet with thier sick hands so sometimes it doesnt matter.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2009