child tax credit

Does it matter how much you work in 09 to get child taxes back? I started my part time job last weekend. I claimed my son, I was just wondering if Id still get any back from him, beings that I havent worked much and havent paid much...just wondering because I was kinda counting on that money for a vehicle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i dont think it matters how much you work, i think a child credit is 1500, when i worked at mcdonlads i only made maybe 10000 a year and i would get back 3000 for my DD
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It does matter how much you make and there are more than 1 child tax credit. You really should talk to a tax prep professional or to the IRS for the most accurate and up to date information. The IRS changes things from year to year.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 30, 2009