what to do with a kitten that won't use the litter box and a female cat that is aggesstive towards her kitten and the others?

I've got 3 kittens and only 2 of the kittens and adult female cats will use the litter box. The other kitten will use the living room as a litter box. 6 toes that's the adult female cat who is aggressive towards her kittens and the other kitten .
Patches the other adult female cat she is the mother to one of the kittens and 6 toes is the mother to the other kittens.
Why is 6 toes so aggressive towards them and why does cookie ( 6 toes kitten) using the living room as a litter box.
Please help us. What can we do?

hotmama08106

Asked by hotmama08106 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pets

• HA, i was gonna say put a litter box in the bathtub because my moms cat wont use the litter box either and so she has to put it in the shower (that shower dont work) but the cat will go in there and use it. In your case i think you have too many cats using one box try getting more litter boxes, some cats dont like to share, or my SO said kill the cat.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:47 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You should have multiple litter boxes. Many cats wont go where another cat is going. Period. Also, female cats are agressive towards other female cats because of competition. You need to get her fixed or it wont stop.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 1:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I have MANYcats, and I agree you should have several litter boxes, even one next to the original.(depends on how many cats you have. As for the agressive one, separate her from the rest, or one of them is going to get hurt-especially the kittens. As soon as they're old enough, encourage them to drink and eat on their own, and have the mother fixed. 2 yrs ago, someone dumped 7kittens on my property, I tried to get rid of them, but noone wanted them, so I raised them and had the friendly ones fixed. I was able to find a vet who gave me a discount, and also found a no-kill shelter to take any of my cats I want to find homes for. That's good because as soon as I can get my place ready and sell, I'm moving to a senior community, so I've started downsizing , and sent several to be adopted already. I can bring 3nmls with.I have a dog, but decide to bring only 2 cats?? Sorry, I got carried away.
    palomino33

Answer by palomino33 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It"s best to have at least one litter box per two cats.  The aggressive cat just dose not have that maternal instinct, my cat is the same way.  As far as the kitten not using a litter box there could be a few different reason. 

1. She could not like sharing a litter box.

2. She could just be a dominant cat and this is behavioral problem.

3. She could be retarded.

Okay I know number 3 sounds bad, but it is a possibility  I had a cat that was not right in the head and he peed on everything.  I worked with him for a year before I finally had him put down.  The peeing wasn't the only reason I put him down so you know. I have worked with animals for many years and sometimes you can never get a cat to stop peeing in places their not suppose to so be prepared for that.

Lots of luck to you.

T.W.

Answer by T.W. at 12:40 AM on Dec. 2, 2009