Obesity. I know this is "wrong" but...

Is anyone else willing to admit that they think a little less of obese people? Not over weight, I don't notice them too much, but obese.

I KNOW IT'S WRONG. I'm just being honest here. I just think of them as lazy, unmotivated, lacking any will power, lacking respect for themselves, etc.

I really am kind of grossed out by obesity. How do you let yourself go so far?

I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, it's a fact that obese people make 7K less then their average weight peers at work, so eve if it's more subconscious other people must agree.

Weird thing is I LOVE the Biggest Loser show, but I guess that's just because it's cool to see them really making a change! I'll admit though, some of them are pathetic whiners, but they usually don't last long on the show.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Health

• coming from someone who was once considered clinically obese, i detest obesity... i am 5'6 and at my heaviest i weighed in well over 215. right about now, i am around 135. i looked in the mirror one day, and decided that i didn't want to live that way, i hadn't always been fat. and so, i quit eating junk, and started walking.
    i have HUGE (pardon the pun) issues with obese people, who simply choose to be that way, or feel trapped- its an excuse, and a pathetic one at that.
    what is even worse, is gifting a child with obesity. the child should be removed from the home, and the parents charged with abuse- serve some time.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:01 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I feel sorry for them. I think most obese people have an underlying mental illness or no love for themselves.
    Anonymous

• I don't know about mental illness, but most likely some major self-esteem issues.
    Anonymous

• of course they have self esteem issues wouldnt u if u were fat??? and if u did why would u let yourself get so big usually u fight to stay thin to feel better about yourself not fatter..its sad but i dont feel bad for them they whine and its pathetic,if there so unhappy then lose it,millions do it everyday.theres no good exuse if u ask me.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure a lot of people who are obese deal with depression issues, etc.

Everyone is beautiful no matter what size they are! Have an open mind, OP!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I have a friend who would be considered to be very obese, but she is not at all lazy, am sure she works at taking care of
    herself, and to lose weight.
    Anonymous

• I dont understand how someone gets that big, but you would be surprised at the people who want to be that big. I watched a show where this women wanted to weigh 800 pounds and she was hoping she was atleast 600 and when she got on the scale she was only 550, and cried because she felt too skinny. I dont get it, but when I see a obese person, i just think oh hey theres a fat person, lol. I am not skinny so i dotn judge.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Thyroid and metabolism problems can be the cause of it too! Some of them can't help it, others can!! Everyones the same in my eyes, no judging here!!
    Anonymous

• hey, im obese. i work full time, take care of my family, keep a tidy home, out of a company of 80 employees, im on of their highest paid. im not depressed, have a great marriage, nice home in the burbs. im not mental/ depressed. ive been big my whole life, but i dont overeat. i dont have junk in my house, especially because i dont want the kids to have any. I'm actually quite happy and i'm not lazy. I'm like a lot of women, i try to diet and exercise, but not much comes off. I actually lead an active life. i work during the week but on the weekends, we do stuff, like bowling, skating, bike rides in the summer, hiking, sure i get a bit winded from hiking, but its fun, lol. anyways girls, dont be so quick to judge, some of us big gals love ourselves and some of us cant lose the weight as easy as you think. And i know plenty of unhealthy, lazy skinny girls that smoke and drink themselves silly.
    Anonymous

Some people have self esteem issues that do not stem from their weight but from childhood abuse. Rape victims are known to become fat and where baggy clothes. Some people cut themselves, some people drink, some gamble and some eat themselves to death. Its not my place to judge. I'll just say a prayer that they find the strength and will to help themselves.
    Anonymous