If I have a 45 day cycle when would I ovulate?

Just trying to figure things out. Thanks for your help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Sometime from days 29-34. Not everyone has exactly a 14 day luteal phase (time between ovulation and your period starting); mine is usually 12 days, but varies from 10 to 14. "Normal" is anywhere from 10 to 15, so you should ovulate 11-16 days before your period starts.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:30 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Approximately day 31. It should be about 14 days before your period begins.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:44 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It should be at about day 30-31, with the last 14 days pretty constant. If you are ttc, see if the doc can do an ultrasound to chekc or do some blood tests to check hormone levels.
    Anonymous

• 12-14 days before your period. You should really check out the book "Taking Control of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It explains the whole cycle and how to tell when you're ovulating. WONDERFUL book!! I haven't taken BC in years and had two planned pregnancies using her method.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Honestly a 45 day cycle is way too long and you may not ovulate. A normal cycle doesn't go over 34 days. I would talk with your doctor and tell them all long your cycle is because it sounds like you may have fertility issues, lack of hormones or something else going on.
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 1, 2009