should I keep a friend when all they do is give bad advice??

my friend is always in a bad situation with her guy. ok so me and my hunny are great! but she always txts me things like why do u trust DH 100 %, tou know hell cheat. or that when a guy cheats they'll do it again. ( my guy hasn't cheated btw) but she's always trying to put me in her position and situations. its like bc she's in a bad one she wants me to as well. what should I do.

a-boys-world

Asked by a-boys-world at 7:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd distance myself from her negative attitude. It can be contagious.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You're sick of her. Move forward. Only surround yourself with people who support your happiness.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Don't ask for her advice and try to let her know you don't want it. If she doesn't get it then you may want to let her go as a friend.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• thank you! I just didn't want to seem like rude.
    a-boys-world

Answer by a-boys-world at 7:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I'd be distancing myself from her--- she's not the supportive type. She's the drag you down the sh*tter with her type.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I try to just talk to her like normal. but she always brings up crap about cheating and what men "in her mind" must be or do. I just want to have a civil conversation with her.
    a-boys-world

Answer by a-boys-world at 7:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• You dont have to listen to her advice. I have a friend like that and I just take the good and look past the bad. But if your wanting to keep her as a friend just shrug off her advice. She probably needs YOU as a friend with what shes going through anyway. Its possible that she is jealous of you and your hubbys relationship. She might just need some good advice from you and is too scared to admit it.
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 7:18 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• well I try really hard. and I'm always there for her. but if the conversation isn't about her 100 % she gets mad.
    a-boys-world

Answer by a-boys-world at 7:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I would keep my distance as far as problem solving prsonal issues. But I woulld be nice to her on a more acquaintace type level. I try to be nice to everyone, but it seems you have to distance yourself from negative vibes.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

Darlin....this gal is the selfish sort. We need friends that can listen to us just as much as we can listen to them. I believe that you deserve better and I would do my best to distance myself.
    Anonymous