prophets of God

I know of two religions that are followed in abundance still today that had prophets. Those are the JW's and the SDA's. But the rest of the christians community does not believe in these prophets. Why not? I mean if God sent them visions and there are many following after them they must hold truth right?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Then that would make THEM wrong, and there is no way they'd admit to that!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• People i think generally don't believe in these prophets because they think they are false.

I don't know either way...not extremely religious...just saying they don't believe because the think they are lying...plain and simple.

Jesus said that there would be no more prophets after him...... i think don't quote me on that. lol
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I have heard that before as well. Does anyone know the scripture where that is said.

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

• I have NEVER heard of that. I have heard though to watch out for the false prophets. the ones who ask us to not marry or stay away from meat.For they *among other's* teach the doctrine of demons.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:24 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• In Hebrews 1:1-3 it answers this. God has spoken through Jesus Christ. There is no more "new revelation".
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• The Chruch of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints, LDS (aka Mormon), have prophets also. What is SDA?
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 7:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• SDA is Seventh Day Adventists
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• there is no new revelation but that does not mean that there is not another prophet
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 7:51 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• "I mean if God sent them visions and there are many following after them they must hold truth right?"

well by that logic, there is truth in many religions (Islam, Baha'i) b/c they all have prophets who claim to have knowledge given to them by the same God. also, David Karesh claimed to be a prophet, so does that make what he preached right? same w/ the FLDS leader who is now in prison. who is to say what makes someone a truthful prophet? imo its better to be skeptical of anyone who claims to be a prophet today b/c all too often they prove to be liars.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:09 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• the ones who ask us to not marry or stay away from meat.For they *among other's* teach the doctrine of demons

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. -- Genesis 1:29 Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh. -- Proverbs 23:20 But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat....Daniel 1:8 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. -- Romans 14:21

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2009