Why is my son so fussy??

my son will eat an entire bottle, be freshly changed and i can tell hes tired but he gets fussy and starts crying, sometimes he stops if you hold him other times im not sure what to do to calm him down. I thought about colic but all the symptoms didnt match..but some did. What should I do?

krisholl2285

Asked by krisholl2285 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be colic... Especially if he does it after being fed. Make sure he's properly burped after each feeding, and if you're using formula, try switching to the one especially designed for fussy babies (forgot the name, but it's already partially broken down, so it's easier to digest). Also, if you're not doing this already, try swaddling your baby when you put him down for a nap. Worked WONDERS for mine. Good luck!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Some babies just need held and snuggled more than others. My 3rd was one of those babies. He's 27 months now and the most snuggly-loving boy I've ever seen.
    Anonymous

• Breastfed babies as a group are less fussy. Babies that are carried in slings are less fussy. Babies that sleep with their moms are less fussy.

It's never too late to breastfeed. You can call La Leche League or a lactation consultant.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2009