What do you think of my thrift store?

Please no negative comments (positive criticism is welcome). On the brinks of being sad and want to stay positive. :o)

I need to raise some money quick. In a bad spot that I put myself in. (not to mention I am a single mom of 4 so money is usually tight).

I need suggestions on my thrift store I opened in my cafemom group.

What would make you shop there? Are the prices low enough? Any suggestions would be so helpful!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/30431/forums/201416/Thrift_Store_Great_Deals

GDIMOM

Asked by GDIMOM at 7:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Shopping

• advertising and actually setting up a webpage storefront. one that looks more like when you shop at walmart online...but not that fancy.

there are programs you can buy to do this i can ask my hubby later and then message you if you like (he does buisness online and used to own his own store(real in person) also did some PR work.

I think that would be a huge step.

Other then that.....advertise, advertise, advertise.

until this post i had no idea that you had such a shop...

good luck and ad me as a friend and i will try and consult my hubby.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• If you decide to keep your store at cafemom, then I would suggest making sticky posts at the top with different sizes. For example, Boys size 8. Once you open up the post then there will be a link to all of the boys size 8 clothing that is for sale. Good Luck!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I couldn't find your store. I guess I have to register or whatever for the group. A problem would be shipping. I don't know how you will make much profit. I stopped selling on ebay because of shipping increases the last few yeas and now sell on Craigslist. Small items I take to local resale shops.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:40 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• * tntmom1027, Thanks. I have no extra buy money :)

* JeremysMom, Great idea!! Thanks

* Gailll, I am just using the flatrate Post office boxes and trying to do the $10 ones. Then the moms buy as much as will fit saving them money. Sorry you couldn't see the link. I thought I set it so that everyone could see it. Will double check on that.

Really appreciate suggestions
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 7:48 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Oh and I tried craigslist with larger items I have and get a lot of no shows and that really irritates me. Still have the baby items sitting here. Might try again and if that doesn't work donate them somewhere.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 7:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009