how do i get my internet back?

At the present time I'm at the library using the computer. I can't get internet at home. I unplugged everything to make sure things are connected, called cox cable that is who our service is through and they said we have no problem making connection, I also shut down my computer and did what Cox told me to do. Modem and other box unconnected and reconnected No luck.
Does anyone have any idea?

bmwlover

Asked by bmwlover at 7:30 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Technology

• Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools, and make sure that "Work Offline" isn't checked. I had this problem a few weeks ago, and somehow "Work Offline" got checked, so even though everything checked out and I should have had internet, I didn't. As soon as I unchecked it, I had my internet back. Hope that helps.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:31 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• idk
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• I would have contacted your internet provider as well as the manufacturer of your PC or where you bought your PC.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010