Is this unusual?

I just had my newborn and love her dearly, but I find myself missing our family of three before her arrival. I miss my time with my little buddy...and just feel a little sad. Am I crazy? When will this go away?

TRooney

Asked by TRooney at 7:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's normal. I've heard that it's harder to adjust from one baby to having two babies than it is to go from two to three. I'm still on my first, but a friend of mine has four and she said that going from one to two was the hardest transition yet. In time, when your hormones go back to normal and when your family finds it's rhythm, this feeling will pass and you won't be able to imagine life without both of your angels.

If the sadness seems to be weighing you down, and you are feeling like you might need some help then speak up and get it. Healthy moms have healthy babies :) Take care of yourself.

Congrats on the new baby too!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:57 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I went through the same feelings after my daughter was born. I felt like I was missing out on my sons life. I love taking pictures, so I started putting the baby in a sling and following my son around with a camera. Now I have tons of pictures of him playing (my little peek into his life) and lots of great memories with him and the new baby. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I feel the same way sometimes. My girls are 2 months and 2 years old. I love my newborn but I do miss time alone with my older daughter. I try to do something with just me and her once a week while my husband watches the baby, it helps both my daughter and me.  Plus my husband gets quality time with the baby, since my older daughter does not allow him near the baby when she is around. 

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• doctors say it should last for only 3-6 weeks...If it lasts longer than that tho get help...But no you're not crazy!
    babylover08417

Answer by babylover08417 at 11:14 PM on Nov. 30, 2009