my 26mth old son is going through speech therapy, what are good toys to buy him that will help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Puzzles and books.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• i'm keeping an eye on this post! my son is 19 months old and will be in speech therapy in the beginning of december. I have lots of simple board books which have shapes, colors, animals and facial expressions. I am also studying baby sign language!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Have you asked his speech therapist? It really depends on WHY he's going to speech therapy. Is it to increase the amount of speech, or for pronunciation? At this age, I'm assuming it's to increase speech. Sound activated toys are good, because they have to use their voices to make them "work". Also - my oldest was in speech therapy for lack of speech, but he loved music so I bought numerous cassettes and CDs with "kids songs" on them that he would eventually sing along to. Also, Leapfrog makes a caterpillar with the letters of the alphabet and it's good because it makes all kinds of different sounds (it will say the letter, or make the sound of the letter - or sings songs, etc) But I would ask his therapist, she would know exactly what she's working on with him and be able to make some recommendations.

Answer by missanc at 9:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2009