Is there ever a time during pregnancy you shouldnt take baths anymore?

Im 34 weeks and my baby just dropped today... is there ever a time you should stop taking baths while preggo?? It seems to be the only relief for some of these pains!

(i know i ask alot of questions but i need alot of answers lol)

Asked by Rohrig at 11:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. I took them even the day I went into labor. Women are having waterbirths now, so I don't see a problem with it. I would have had a waterbirth if they had offered it at my hospital.

Answer by mrstremblay at 11:52 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It's the temp of the water you need to watch for. Too hot can hurt your baby. I took them all the time but could only have them warm, not even close to hot.

Answer by TaLouLaBelle at 11:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• As far as i know, i believe that baths are most relaxing while preggo especially while in labor alot of expectant mothers that are in their 3rd trimester bathe, it makes them handle contractions better, i think that you can enjoy your baths and have no problems besides i think you better enjoy them while you can! ;)

Answer by kutekel19 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I took a bath every single day when I was pregnant..maybe 2 showers the whole time lol you just have to be careful & not get it too hot because the baby can't regulate it's own temperature yet. Someone once told me if it makes your skin even the least bit red when you get in, it's too hot!

Answer by CaydensMama505 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Pregnancy Myths
    Myths abound in pregnancy, some of them surround the most basic of daily functions, including bathing. From taking a bath to lifting your arms over your ... -

Answer by vbruno at 12:37 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I took baths up until the end, I actually had to "wean" myself off them once I gave birth because I was so used to them (they were relaxing!) that it was hard to go back to showers once my son was born lol

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• i was told just as long as it's not too hot then it's fine.

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• when i could not climb out of tub on my own is when i stopped baths

Answer by nannybopeep at 10:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• All info I've heard is that you can take a bath as often as you'd like as long as the water is not to hot. The only time I've ever heard baths being cautioned is after your mucus plug has come out and when your water has broken, then it's just showers.

Answer by misty1_sd at 7:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2008