Constant Pooping

My son has been pooping like every 4-5 hours... just a lil bit every time... but could it be a sign he is allergic to the last thing I fed him? I tried giving him applesauce for the first time yesterday... and now he has a rash all on his butt... like a V looking kinda rash... i was just wondering if it seems to be like an allergic reaction or the rash was from pooping so much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You don't say how old your baby is. Apples can cause babies to have problems. Apple juice is one thing you can give if a baby is constipated. It's probably not an allergy, just a reaction. I don't even think you can be allergic to apples.

I would hold off on giving any more apples for a few months. If your baby is less than 6 months you may want to wait to go back to breastfeeding or formula until 6 months. There is no reason to rush into solids and plenty of reasons not to.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009