how long did it take you to lose your pregnancy weight?

my daughter is 2 months now so far Im having a hard time losing weight I have been eating right and excrising. any suggestions? thanksH

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pregnancy #1- gained 50 pounds. Lost all but 6 within the first month, stopped breastfeeding, gained a TON back!
    Pregnancy #2- gained 29 pounds. Lost 20 pounds within the first week, stalled a bit, down to pre-pregnancy by 5 months, now at a year I am well below pre-pregnancy and only 3 pounds from my goal weight!
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 8:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I nursed, it took me about 4 months and I was able to get below pre pregnancy weight. Hormones make it difficult along with inadequate sleep.

Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 8:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I only gained 20-25 pounds with my pregnancies so the weight was pretty much all baby/fluids, there was no weight to lose afterward.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I was under pregnancy weight within around 6-8 weeks, but it took a few more months to get my body back in the shape I was used to. But I only gained about 20 lbs, I think the amount of weight you gain makes a huge difference.

Answer by missanc at 9:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• It's still taking me time to lose mine....I don' work so I have time to spend with my daughter....So instinctively I take care of her needs first...So i'm not working out like I did before having her....My daughter is 1yr&5months old right now!!!
    babylover08417

Answer by babylover08417 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I only gained about 20 pounds during my pregnancy and I am breastfeeding. Now, at 2 weeks post-partum, I am below my pre-pregnancy weight by about a pound.
    starburst1680

Answer by starburst1680 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I gained 35lbs and my dd is 6 months old and I have about 5 more pounds to lose...I nursed and did a little exercise-nothing major though. Just tried to walk everyday (but didn't always get around to it). They say nursing helps but I have nothing to compare it to...don't get discouraged. I hit 2 or 3 spurts when I didn't lose any weight for a couple of weeks and started to worry that I wasn't going to lose anymore and then all of a sudden I would lose 5lbs really quickly. Your body is still pretty out of whack at just 2 months out so keep doing what your doing and it will pay off. Good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I gained 60lbs and lost it all be 6 months postpartum with out diet or exercise (I had bad ankle injuries and couldn't work out till 9 months postpartum). I think it was just a combination of my hormones getting back to normal (so I was eating like a normal person again!) and breastfeeding! They say it burns 500 cal a day and I believe it!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 10:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• with both kids -- I came out of the hospital weighing less than I did even before I got pregnant....I wish I just could of kept it off lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I gained 40 pounds. 10 of which was water weight at the very end. I lost 20 pounds right away and the other 20 shed plus a few extra after 6 months of nursing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2009