Adoption Question

I want to have babies for people who cant have them due to medical reason or gay relationships. My question is do you get paid for having a baby for someone else, how much and how do you go about doing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Adoption

• There's a LOT of emotional & psychological issues involved in being a surrogate. You may even have to pass a psyche evaluation to be considered by a couple. Are you married? Do you have children? Then there are even more considerations to think of. How that might affect your marriage with your DH/SO, or even if you are a single mom, how your child will process you having a baby for someone else. There's a lot more to it than having a baby & being paid for it. Many see this as selling children. And you do have to consider how an adopted child would feel to look up his/her birth mother only to find out that you carried him/her to give them away. If your motivation is purely financial, I'd say that you aren't ready for that. I do encourage you to do some research for yourself because there are many things involved that you should learn beforehand. You certainly aren't the 1st to have thought of this for $$$ but DO think it thru.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:00 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Hi, how are you, well, I 've been trying to have a baby for a long time, I will do anything just to have a baby of my own, Please if you are really serious, please lets do this together.
    Tslove23

Answer by Tslove23 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• WELL IT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR IN IT TO GET PAID....MAKE SURE YOU THNK ABOUT IT CAREFULLY IF YOUR IN IT TO GET PAID OR TO HELP FAMILIES THAT CANT HAVE KIDS...
    apple31

Answer by apple31 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• That's illegal. and IMMORAL.
    Anonymous

• I believe it's a blessing to give to someone that really want to have a baby
    Tslove23

Answer by Tslove23 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• LOL Anon :46 it's far from illegal and immoral - it's called being a surrogate. If you're thinking you're interested in surrogacy, I'd do some searches and start finding out as much as you can :)

Good luck to you :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• "LOL Anon :46 it's far from illegal and immoral - it's called being a surrogate."

Surrogacy is legal in some states. Opinions differ as to how moral surrogacy is. As a birth mom, I have discovered that many surrogates suffer some of the same loss issues that birth moms do. The big difference is that they intentionally get pregnant and have a baby for someone else, and usually get paid for it. However, like many birth moms, some surrogates do not realize how attached they will get a baby they carry.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 9:25 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• All depends on if you are planning to be a surrogate or just get pregnant to adopt a baby out for money... There is a big difference between the two.... If you are serious, you should look up info on surrogacy sites on-line, you will find an abundance of info on those sites!
    Anonymous

• Why not do it out of the Kindness of your heart to truely make someones dreams cometrue!!
    JESSMCARTER325

Answer by JESSMCARTER325 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Why not do it out of the Kindness of your heart to truely make someones dreams come true!!

AND NO THOUGHT OF WHAT THIS DOES TO A KID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous