Black Disney Princess?

I live in a predominantly white area, and I noticed while I was shopping today that the New Disney Princess stuff was almost all sold out. Will you be buying any of her stuff for your daughters?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If i had a daughter i would be! because imo its about time disney has a black priness!
    mommyof2boysmd

Answer by mommyof2boysmd at 8:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• If I had a daughter I would.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yeah of course, she really already loves her and we haven't even seen the movie. Actually I think it IS far past time for a black princess.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:29 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Yep I just bought a doll for my daughter today :)
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• No, because my DD thinks all things princess are evil. She is a tomboy. I tend to avoid mass marketing stuff, especially Disney stuff. I do think it's cool that they finally have a black princess. We'll probably see the movie for the music.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:34 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I saw that princess the other day and was like welp they had to make one black lol My child wants to see her movie thats coming to theaters the princess and the frog i think thats what it is
    Anonymous

• FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK A QUESTION LIKE THAT......ARE YOU RACIST?....DO YOU THINK THAT ONLY WHITE MOMS ARE HERE READING YOUR QUESTION?.....IF YOU DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE BUYING IT THEN DON'T....
    apple31

Answer by apple31 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I don't care if the princess is Black or White, Does it matter???
    Tslove23

Answer by Tslove23 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• They've been making this movie for a while now, I think they started like two years ago!

If I had a daughter, and if she were into princesses, then sure. If she wasn't into princess then probably not. Nothing to do with race, just that I get my kids what they're into - if she's not going to play with it then why give it to her?

I agree that it's about time, and I think she's so pretty. She has a real retro look to her that I just love.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• sure I would, why not?
    Anonymous