How to handel a Step dad that is a REAL SOB?

I need advice. I really can't stand this guy,I am not alone. My brother can't either nor his wife. It's a little worse for me cause I am the daughter.
This man really likes it when the chips are down for me and my kids. He's evil. I had been having a tough time w/my 9yr old -I had confided in my dm that dd had called me a fat a** . I had told my mom about it this AM she called me tonight to see how things were and the jerk butted onto the phone and asked me if dd knows how to name call? He kept on the phone and it really p***ed me off. My Mom just lets him do this. She naturally blabed that dd called the name too. I already can't see my Mom cause the guy is a perv and I don't want dd around him. I feel like I may have to count my Mom out as a friend:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• You need to tell mom how you feel. You don't like him and you will hang up the phone if he takes over the conversation. You won't visit while he is there and you can't tell her personal things any longer. Hopefully she will see how hurt you are and change a few things. Best of luck
    Anonymous

• Don't make your Mom choose between you and her husband. Make a point of seeing her or calling her when he isn't around. If he starts talking on the phone like that just say "Oh hey I forgot to ask my Mom something, can you put her back on?" and if he refuses just say "Well tell her I'll call her later I've gotta run" and leave it at that. You can't count out your Mom, she's the only one you've got. When you tell her things make a point of saying "I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell Dick about this." (yes, I purposely chose that fake name).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Wow, mom is ok with being treated like that? Sad. I'd not talk to her unless he wasn't around.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 AM on Dec. 1, 2009