hates her bath all the sudden? why now?

My daughter who has always LOVED playing in her bath with her big sister now despises it. She is just about to turn 15 months. She used to be all smiles, splashing, etc. Now she cries from the moment she gets in until I get her out. The girls are only 15 months apart, but our older daughter doesn't disturb the younger one at bath time... they usually just sat there and played side by side. I can't think of anything that's changed, no soap-in-the-eyes trauma or anything like that! Help! I've tried bathing them separately (not easy to keep track of one while the other is in the tub, though, and it made no difference. I've even tried getting in with her. She screamed just as hard. Help! Her favorite mealtime activity is to slick back her hair with whatever she's eating, so she needs her hair washed every day!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You just described my son (without the older sibling though). I don't know what changed, but he just stands there in the tub and screams. He won't even sit down. He hates it. I just wash him with the wash cloth then I take him out, wrap him in a towel, lay him in my lap, and hang his head over the side of the tub to wash his hair. He still screams the whole time, but otherwise I'd never get him clean!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:38 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Maybe give her dollies a bath- get them all dirty (or a little dirty) and then ask for her help. Maybe it will work- might be worth a try. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• my daughter did that about that age too shes barly starting to get out of it she just turned 2 but she slipped and fell under the water before i could grab her she would cry as hard if my son was in the bath with her
    Anonymous

• Hmm.. this happened with none of my kids, cant remember which one, but they are 15 months apart too. As I remember it there was an incident that started the bath time crying fits, I think she got some water in the face, and then from that moment on she hated the baths. Good news is that it was temporary :) Eventually she forgot about it and had normal baths again.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 11:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2009