can i get some help from my fellow cafemommies??

i am 22 years old. im married and have a 3 year old little boy. i have been getting cysts on my ovaries for the past 6 months. this happens every month. this month i have 3. i went for my usual ultrasound that i always do. the only difference is that today i got a call from the dr needing me to come back in for a follow up asap. the earliest appt. is on thursday. im really freaked out! my family has a history of getting hystorectomies at a young age (20s) because of cysts. im scared that they found something wrong and they want to take my ovaries. my husband and i wanted to TTC in may after he gets home from deployment. im trying to stay calm until i know for sure whats going on but i cant get it out of my head. does anyone have any advice and/or suggestions on questions that i should ask the dr on thursday? please and thank you!

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have POS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and ive never been told that they can pose a risk for me. Ive been told that taking birth control pills will help them to go away. But im pregnant and that is not an oiption. Let ur dr know that u want to TTC. Ask him if ur at any risk if u do get pregnant. Good luck im sure everything will be okay!!!
    Anonymous

• Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! All I can offer you are prayers and well wishes. Try to stay calm until you know what the scoop is. If they do recommend removal maybe you can ask them how long you can possibly wait and if pregnancy would be safe.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:49 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I want to say first to try to stay calm. I know that anytime you get a test done and the doc. wants to see you right away it's natural to start getting scared. Try to think of the positive (I know easier said than done). If they do suggest removal ask them if it's something that has to be done right away and as stated before if a pregnancy would be safe. Keep your family near you for the next couple of days and do not hide that fact that you are nervous from your loved ones. They'll want to be there to help comfort you. I hope the best for you and you will be in my prayers.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2009