imaginary freinds??

ok so either i have ghost in my house or my little girl has some imaginary freinds...
when i saw her talking to herself i asked who she was talking to. she replied to the girl leah. now leah is also the name of her cousin but she hasnt seen her since july. ok i say. next it was tinkbell who lives on her arm and now its a dragon named daggit. ??? now im not concerned. except for the leah things.
anyone else have there input here?
BTW Rileys only 3 1/2.

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 8:50 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Normal child. She sounds creative. Art supplies!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:59 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• my son is 5 and he talks to his toys when he is playing hard. I think its normal especially since he is the only child. He gives his toys names. Maybe your daughter liked this cousin leah and is pretending to play with her. My son has a good memory. He has 2 half siblings that he hasn't seen since he was 2 yrs old and somehow he remembers the boys name. I never mention it at all to him but he remembers
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Your daughter sounds delightful. My son is three and every hour he seems to be a different animal. He has been doing this since he was one. It started out as he was snake and would only answer if we addressed him as a snake. Now it is often a cat, elephant, or raccoon. Of course I am expected to be the mother version of these animals. The other day we had an entire conversation in Monkey speak. I have no idea what we were talking about...it went something like, "EEE...OOO...EEOO...Ahhh." And the entire long conversation was like that. I think she is normal and nothing to worry about.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• My husband still remembers his imaginary friend, it is so funny to hear him talk about him. My MIL said one day he told her his friend went home, he never came back after that day. I think it is just fine.
    Anonymous

• I think she is just being a creative active child. Sometime we as parents look for a reason for them having the need for a imaginary friend but if she isn't acting out badly then I wouldn't worry. Try to get her involved in other things outside of the home this may help also. Good Luck
    jgal29

Answer by jgal29 at 9:47 AM on Dec. 1, 2009