Engorged breast

I am 28 weeks pregnant and my breast are so full and engorged I can't stand it. Is it ok to express a little to relieve the engorgment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your body hasn't produced milk yet.
    Anonymous

• you wont make milk till after about week after the baby is born..sooo i dont think its milk . . .
    Anonymous

• honey that's not what engorgment is, just wait till the baby gets here then u'll know what it really means. for now wear a supportive bra w/out underwire
    Anonymous

• To the previous posters, some women DO IN FACT produce milk before giving birth. Don't discuss what you do not KNOW.
    Anonymous

• Oh, and to answer the question, if there IS anything to express, don't. It can cause you to go into labor early.
    Anonymous

• This is my second child so I do know what being engorged feels like. And I know I have milk right now because I leak in the middle of the night and I have had let down after sex like I did with my first
    Anonymous

• Its not a good Idea to express your milk. Sorry :[
    Ambereno144

Answer by Ambereno144 at 3:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• look hunni i am 27 weeks 28 wekks on fri and u do produce milk now , im not saying for you to go ahead and express milk however i cant understand how some peeps on here think u aint got milk in yr breast yet , i am on baby number 4 and believe me i have been leaking mik from my breast for a good few weeks now , if yr boobs r sore try having a soak in the bath or get yr hubby/partner to massage them , hope this helps xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 9:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• just been reading comments lol sorry but how dont u produce milk till a week after birth omg and someone else thinks it can start yr labour off , i think if you dont no the answer dont try to answer it untill u no for sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• It's doubtful that you have MATURE MILK at this stage. Yes, it is possible to have colostrum. Any kind of nipple stimulation can cause contractions and possibly early labor. I'd agree with a warm shower, bath or compress and a supportive bra.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 1, 2009