Potty training and your youngest child...

We have 2 boys, ages 5 and 3 1/2 years. Our 5 year old has been potty trained since July of 07, we have been trying to potty train our younger son for a year(!) and he will go potty both poop and pee in the potty but not a consistent basis. He goes to preschool and has only had 1 accident while there. He has regressed recently at home and uses his pull-ups all the time and has stopped telling us when he needs to go potty. I asked him tonite if he realized that his best friend (my best friends daughter) is potty trained and he isn't. He just grinned and said YEP! I asked if he wanted to be potty trained and he said YEP! SO if he wants it, why won't he go at home anymore?!? I am getting very frustrated. He is also behind in his speech. He understands everything you say to him and responds to it, follows commands etc but doesnt have a huge vocabulary yet. He has improved a lot though since starting school in Sept.

Neon1980

Asked by Neon1980 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• So glad I could get some help and advice! Thanks so much for the support ladies!
    Neon1980

Answer by Neon1980 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2009