Should I suggest presents?

I am preg. with my second child (Due in March). I am not having a baby shower. The baby is going to be a girl (first was a boy).
One day I was really bored and set up a Target Baby Registry full of cute baby girl items. Should I mention this registry to my parents and inlaws for possible up coming Christmas presents (They are the sort of grandparents that will more than likely have a few gifts bought for the unborn baby) or does this come off as lame and desperate for gifts (which I am not).
Thank you:)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• for the grandparents i think it's a good idea, maybe just in conversation say something like "they have the cutest things for girls I got so excited I set up a registry/wish list on Target"
    Anonymous

• I actually sent a short list with an invitation to our family Christmas party to SO's family. Yes, I said "come to my house with these items." The economy sucks and I don't want gifts. I want BumGenius diapers.

Tell them! They'd rather buy for the baby anyway.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:22 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I think you sound desperate. It's very selfish to assume that anyone would buy you a gift. Now, if it were the first child and a shower were planned, by all means... but the second, usually not so much.
    Anonymous

• I am in the same boat you are I am pregnant with my second due March 5th first was a girl this one is a boy and when my mil called me and my husband and asked id I wanted some maternity clothes or if there was anything my husband and I needed for christmas I told her to not worry about us that we are more concerned with getting stuff for the baby. I dont think its desperate at all. Just mention it in passing
    Anonymous

• I disagree. I think that every child needs his arrival to be celebrated. If you want gifts for your child stated casually. If you were wondering what we would like for ______, I registered at _________. They are family and friends, it is their choice to buy something or not to buy it, you loose nothing by bringing it up. I only have one child but if I had a second one I would make the same huge baby shower I gave to my first born simply because each life is unique and each life deserves to be celebrated.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:37 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• And I forgot to mention, I made my own baby shower with 30 plus guest, I made everything so special and unique. the person who told me she would do the baby shower, did nothing, just host the event but it was me in charge of my child's arrival celebration. Everything was so special that people complemented the host but in reality it was my own doing.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:39 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I just had my third, my first girl. I made a registry at target. It was so fun to register for girl things. Anyway, people would ask me if I needed anything and I would tell them that I made this registry to keep track of what I needed and they were more than welcome to look at it if they wanted. So, I guess, I would wait and see if they ask before you just tell them. Oh, and I got more off my registry this time then I did the first time I was pregnant, and I had a shower that time.
    Anonymous

• Someone will ask "is there anything you need for the baby?" or "What do you want for christmas?" etc. I'd bring it up then.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 30, 2009