What do you thnk of the name Kage for a boy?

My husband is dead set on naming our 2nd son after him. Yes, that's right, our 2nd son. First of all, I don't like his name (sorry hunny) and second of all, I think that would really hurt our older son's feelings.

My husband's name is Kelvin. His nick name in his family is KJ because he was named after his dad. His sister shortened it to Kage, which I like. So I was thinking of bringing that up to him. Maybe we could name the baby Kage. He would be named after him, but not be named Kelvin! LOL! Also, I think we could get away with that with our older son.

So, what do you think? Is it a cute name?

Our other kids are: Kannon, Kahlai and Kaylan

DayDaysmom19

Asked by DayDaysmom19 at 9:27 PM on Nov. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Be forwarned that your child will be teased for the rest of his life. "Kage" sounds like "cage", and trust me, his little friends will pick up on it and tease him to death.
    Anonymous

• Are you preggers? Congrats, first of all. Second, I'm not keen on the name...it is unique but like pp said he might get made fun of. What about Kayden, Kyle, Kevon?
    sararsara

Answer by sararsara at 10:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I'm not trying to be mean (but you asked). I think it's awful. It sounds like Cage and people will react strangely to it. Imagine if you were hiring someone, and you read a resume that said "Kage" would you want to hire that person? Or if someone answered the phone at an office "This is Kage, how may I help you?" That would throw you off. And he will have to carry this name forever. I say NO DONT DO IT!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• I really like that name i think you should go for it. I like different names. Hes going to have a unique name. Im looking for unique names too for boy & girl. Good luck .
    Bless2haveU

Answer by Bless2haveU at 10:42 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• Not a big fan of the name. Sorry!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:06 PM on Nov. 30, 2009

• No thanks!
    Anonymous

• It's different but in a strange way kinda cool, I thank the spelling has something to do with it. Truely how many other weird names are out there? TONS!! lol If you like it then use it, the name does fit in with the rest of your childrens names anyway!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:55 AM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I like it. I know someone who named their son Gage, which is close to Kage. I don't see why people would make fun of him for being named 'cage' it's not like it's a dirty name or a bad word or anything. If you and your hubby like it I'd say go for it!
    knfisch

Answer by knfisch at 12:30 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• Thanks for the opinions ladies! Don't worry about hurting my feelings, I'm still not sure if I love it yet, either : )
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 1, 2009

• I like it! Here's a few more suggestions...Kain, Kane, Kayne, Kale, Kaleb, Kevin, Kelvi
    GwynethsMommy

Answer by GwynethsMommy at 3:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2009